There are a few other bloggers doing this and I've seen quite a few friends on Facebook writing gratitude lists this month, leading up to Thanksgiving. I think this is a great idea...we often get caught up in our lives, the hustle & bustle, dealing with parents/children/spouse and sometimes for get the many great things in our lives. I also feel, for me anyway, I focus on the negative, it is part of my nature. So check back everyday & please leave a comment & let us know what you're grateful for...it will make us all better people!
Today I am grateful for my amazing college & the fabulous college experience I had there. Not only did I meet my husband there (lets face it that is huge!) but I made some of my very best friends there....the life long kind. Friends that have stuck by me through the birth of my children & the death of my parents...and the long blue line runs thick.
I had the opportunity to really "find" myself there and become the woman I am today because the faculty and staff are dedicated to their educational cause. They assisted when they could, helping me along my way & cheered my success when I was on my game! I had an alumni event tonight & it was great to hear that I am not the only one the credits the school for helping my find my way and we all loved every moment at Marietta!
FYI, this was not a sponsored post, I truly just love my school! Every time I see the friends I met there, I am thankful I had the opportunity that I did (and I hope my children get to experience it as well)! My family is a large supporter of Marietta College, My husband I both went there, my father, grandmother, brother & a cousin also went there, so my blood is blue!
I didn't realize you'd lost your parents too. I'm sorry to hear it. But I loved hearing about your great college experience! Good series; keep it up!
ReplyDelete