Marple Sports

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday~Come on Irene!

Today I'm linking up at The Pleated Poppy where you can see other women trying to get out of a fashion rut!

Today's edition of What I Wore Wednesday should be brought to you by the words sweatpants & Irene.  There wasn't much time for getting out of the fashion rut while preparing for a hurricane/tornado/flooding or dealing with a basement that was taking on water (which never happens, so we weren't super prepared!) I did have a few successes and here they are!   How did I do this week?  Any suggestions?
Please don't mind the weird stance or face, my kids started to argue and I had to step-in, mid picture...and this was the better one!  I wore this green dress with flats to the pool crab social right before Irene hit.  We had already had 13 inches (or something equally crazy) of rain so I had to wear flats.  I didn't want to wear anything too nice, it was a crab fest & my husband hit me no less than 5 times with crab, trying to get it out of the shell.  So I dressed it up with some Lia Sophia Jewelry. 


I love the combo of black, white & red.  Let's face it, I love black so adding a little red makes me feel like I've added some color!  This dress fits well, very comfortable and as you can see has pockets!!! I'm on the look out for a cute pair of red shoes to jazz it up a little more, I also carried a cute red purse too!


4 comments:

  1. Adorable! And impressive, considering there was such a big storm a'brewing this week. Take that, Irene! Love the red belt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty, Jess! LOVE the red belt with that dress. Looks liek that dress was made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both dresses are beauitful the second is my fave though. I was a realtor for Coldwell Banker too, in Bakersfield Ca a long time back. I let my license expire when I moved out of state. I am back in Cali now but work from home.

    This is only my third week linking up at WIWW.

    I currently have a fun anything goes linky at my blog that runs Friday through Monday each week. I just announced a new monthly “desperate 4 date night” linky and would love for you to join in on the fun. Here is the link explaing more.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/08/welcome-to-new-desperate-4-date-night.html

    Thanks for you time and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies...thinking about firing my photographer though ;)

    Mindie, I'll check it out, thanks for the info!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...