![]() |
| Arietty writing in her diary. |
I was recently invited to view The Borrowers at the Arden Theatre Company in Philly. I loved the book The Borrowers by Mary Norton, so of course I jumped at the chance for my 7 year old daughter and I to attend....to say we loved it would be an understatement! I want to go back and watch it again, I loved every second of it!!!
First, my daughter was thrilled to be "seeing a show in the city." It made her feel very grown up and definitely very special because we left her Dad and brother at home.
First, my daughter was thrilled to be "seeing a show in the city." It made her feel very grown up and definitely very special because we left her Dad and brother at home.
Second, for people who don't know, Borrowers are little people who live under floor boards, behind the fireplace, in a hole in a field, etc. They "borrow" things from the humans around them in order to live. The main character, Arietty Clock is a young Borrower who longs to see the outdoors and life beyond the floor boards. FYI, when you're as small as a Borrower, the other side of the room seems very far away!
Throughout the play, Arietty struggles with her independence and the safety of her family. Its a wonderful story, beautifully told and wonderful to watch. I really couldn't say enough about how great it was to watch.
If you're interested in taking your family to see The Borrowers, it will run through January 30, 2011. Prices vary from around $16 per adult but as low as $8 per child. The Arden Theatre Company has also teamed up with target to offer the Target 2 for 1 Family Series, a ticket discount program generously sponsored by Target. This program offers two tickets for the price of one during selected performances of The Borrowers.To purchase tickets, find out more information regarding the Target 2-1 tickets check out the Arden Theatre! Let me know when you're going, you might see me there again!

No comments:
Post a Comment