Marple Sports

Thursday, November 14, 2013

See Santa

I don't like to rush through the holidays and not give Thanksgiving it's due, but as there are only six weekends left before Christmas ( I heard that on the radio today) I thought it might be time to start planning some holiday family excursions. Seeing Santa at the Mall is always fun, but I like to try and make more of a family adventure out of the experience. Here is a list of some fun family excursions that are also places to see Santa. Most are pretty local, but I did include a few farther away that seemed fun for those that are super motivated. I have not actually been to many of these places yet, so I'd love to hear a review from you if you go.

SANTA TRAINS

West Chester’s Santa Express
http://www.westchesterrr.net/

The Strasburg Railroad also has Santa Trains-
Santa’s Paradise Express
http://www.strasburgrailroad.com/train-schedule/events/santas-paradise-express/ 

The Night Before Christmas Train
http://www.strasburgrailroad.com/train-schedule/events/the-night-before-christmas-train/

FARMS AND MUSEUMS


Shady Brook Farm- Santa arrives by helicopter on Nov. 29th
http://shadybrookfarm.com/
Here is a link to video from last year
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTMeSERLros&feature=youtu.be

Arsapha Farms-in Glen Mills- Holiday Hayride
See real live Reindeer and have a picture with Santa, while you are there cut your own Christmas Tree.
http://www.holidayhayride.com/attractions.html

Linvilla Orchards
Christmas Around The Farm
http://www.linvilla.com/family-fun/christmas-around-the-farm/

Woodland Winter Wonderland at Tyler Arboretum- 
Dec 7 campfire, hot chocolate, reindeer scavenger hunt, pictures with an antique sleigh

Winterthur Yuletide Brunch- December 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, and 22 brunch at the Visitor Center, visit with Santa and take your own pictures, make a snack for Santa's reindeer and enjoy special children's music and comedy performances 

Delaware Natural History Museum- Merry Munchies at the Museum Breakfast with Mrs. Claus then visit with Santa and learn about Polar Animals- reservations required, Dec 7 9:30-11am 

SANTA AT THE ZOO

Elmwood Park Zoo
Brunch with Santa , family photo and meet Anya the Reindeer 12/14 12/15 12/21 12/22

You can also go starting Nov 16th and get your picture taken with Anya the Reindeer 
Weekdays 12:30-1:30 and 2:30-3:30 Weekends 10:30-11:30, 12:30-1:30 and 2:30-3:30

Brandywine Zoo
Bruch with Santa Saturday December 7th 8am-10am

A FEW MORE

Brunch with Santa at Victory Brewing Company-Dec 8 10-2pm

Kitchen Kettle Village-An Old Fashioned Christmas Experience in Lancaster County with S’mores, carols and dinner with Mrs. Claus
http://www.kitchenkettle.com/events/old-fashioned-christmas.asp

Swarthmore Community Center Santa Paws
December 7th from 10-noon, get your picture taken with Santa AND you can bring your dogs!  Benefits the Delaware County SPCA. (This event hasn't been posted yet but will be soon) http://www.swarthmorecomunitycenter.org



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...