Marple Sports

Friday, December 10, 2010

Nether Providence Township Residents-Santa Float schedule

I love my neighbors, my neighborhood and I love that Santa comes to my house! This weekend will be cold so bundle up. If you're new to the Santa tradition in Wallingford let me give you a quick run down.

The Garden City Fire Company has a float every year, the theme is different and they hand out candy canes(This event is totally FREE, so please understand, they not only will run into your burning home to save you, they also have many free community events every year!!!). This all sound fantastic right...but even better? They drive the fire engines up & down the streets in Wallingford all day Saturday & Sunday so they will stop near your home. You'll hear them coming before they get to your house because they use the sirens (which they so nicely turn off when they stop to let the kids get on the float and see Santa). So get your camera charged to get a free picture of your kids with Santa.

Check out the Garden City Fire Company site to find out when they'll be on your street!

2 comments:

  1. Always one of my FAVORITE weekends!!! I have been seeing Santa and the Garden City Fire Trucks for over 35 years!!! Cannot wait to see what they have come up with this year :)
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait and my kids are pumped....though I doubt they will get up there and sit on his lap!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...