Marple Sports

Friday, November 14, 2014

Local Charities Gift Guide-2014 #givingtuesday

For the person on your list who has everything, it can often be tough to find the perfect gift. In this case, I always consider making a donation in their name to a charity! I find that people love this gift & are more appreciative of it than a gift that you buy out of obligation.  

Newly formed but an organization that is easy to support:
Plaid Pajamas, you can go on the website & choose a child to purchase new pajamas for, that they will receive in time for the holidays.  My children open a new pair of pj's every year on Christmas Eve, so I have an extra special place in my heart for this organization.  It's also affordable. Have a $15 limit?  Buy one pair.  More to spend you can help more kids!  

Local charities that I've supported in the past include:

Alex's Lemonade Stand is trying to raise $40,000 by Dec. 31st 
Kisses for Kyle
Cradles to Crayons
Philabundance 
Delaware County SPCA Not only monetary donations, but ADOPTING your next pet is the gift that keeps on giving!  Check out the http://www.theshelterpetproject.org/ to find the perfect pet for you! 

I like these organizations because my donation stays local...do you have an organization that you support?  Let us know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...