This post contains multiple affiliate links, they help us pay the bills but don't cost you a dime!

2014 Holiday Gift Guide

2014 Holiday Gift Guide
Toy Guide
As the holidays approach, I get the unique opportunity to see many of the year’s hottest toys & speak with companies about the latest & greatest trends in children’s holiday gift buying! It’s a tough job but someone has to do it! My favorite trend though, is a push by many toy manufacturers to challenge children’s creativity & push them to learn math & science concepts through play! I love toys that do more than just entertain (though there is nothing wrong with that either!)
- You can’t be the hottest movie of the year & not be listed first! Frozen
! If you want something from Elsa & Anna you better start looking now. Amazon has a lot, but not a lot on sale…and anything that does go on sale will be snatched up quickly. This theme I recommend snatching up as soon as you see it.
- Doc McStuffins Mobile Cart
The good doctor makes the list again! Last year her check up center sold out everywhere & there is some talk that it could happen to the Mobile Cart this year too.
- Bungees Battleground - Exclusive Master Arena
This is a new toy that reminds me of Pokemon & kind of mix of Beyblades. The arena is a little expensive but you can purchase additional "guys" for around $3 a pack. Each player comes with a collectible trading card & disk.
- Pound Puppies...they're back & I loved mine, so my kids stand a good chance at getting one, because I want one! If you want one, watch for sales, Target had them for 50% off just the other day!
- It's My Biz
This is an interesting product & not really a toy. Geared towards older girls, there are a variety of guides to help you learn to promote a variety of businesses (bakery, vintage t-shirt designs, etc). The sets include recipes, shopping lists, ledgers to keep track of incoming & outgoing expenses.
- Board Games...Yes board games! I LOVE that games are making a come back---I've already purchased both Sorry!
and Monopoly
for my kids, at less than $10 each they're affordable & fun!
- Now completely switch gears to the newest video game Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack
. This game looks like a ton of fun & is on the wish list of a few kids I know. I'll be on the look out for a deal too!
- Ninja Turtles
...These green, crime fighting turtles are still popular & are on so many wish lists!
- Crayola Virtual Design
So far there are two sets you can purchase, Car & Fashion designs. Basically you color in a picture then you can take your drawing to a virtual world to race or walk down the runway, adding more customization along the way.
- Spaghetti Headz Charms
are a fun way to decorate your child's hair with color & charms plus they can be reused! These are a great stocking stuffer & come in a variety of themes (Christmas, Hanukkah, St. Patty's Day, etc.)
Let us know what you're looking for this holiday season & we'll keep an eye out for great prices & deals. I'll also be posting additional guides for educational gifts, local stores we love & more! Watch for those in the next few days.
This post contains multiple affiliate links, they help us pay the bills but don't cost you a dime!
No comments:
Post a Comment