Yankee candles are awesome! They smell great, there is a huge variety of fragrances to choose from, and they burn nicely. I love to go in to the store smell all my favorite scents! What I love even more is that I discovered a great way to reuse the jars! I got this fantastic idea from my sister in law, Amy, who shares my love for Yankee Candles.
When your candle is burned to the bottom, remove the (cooled) leftover wax, wash, and you have a nice container to keep things in!
To remove the wax, put the candle in the freezer (Don't try to melt the wax, this becomes too messy!) Once cold (and solid), use a utensil (I usually use a butter knife) to loosen and remove the leftover wax stuck to the bottom. It actually comes out surprisingly easy.
Not only are you reusing (and helping cut down on waste), but you get more value for your money spent on the candle!
Some ways to use the jars:
Crafting and sewing items: buttons, beads, markers, scissors, etc.
Office supplies: paper clips, pens and pencils
As a coin jar: throw your loose change in them!
In your daughter's room: Store hair ties, ribbons, barrettes
I also use them hold unused votive candles, tarts, and matches/lighters too!
I have made a marble jar for the kids and used it as a reward system.
(Fill the jar and earn something like a movie night. They could earn marbles, and also have marbles taken away as a consequence to undesirable behavior).
I used a variety of things to fill the jar to keep things interesting. Once we even used tiny dog treats and once the jar was full, we went to the local animal shelter and took them the earned reward (We chose dog food, treats, etc. instead of getting something for ourselves - a valuable lesson learned about charity, sharing, helping those in need).
(I wouldn't use them for candy or any food though, because even after washing, the jars often still hold the candle scent).
There are so many ways to use these quality jar candles, and it is easy to find what you are looking for because they are clear glass - you can see what is in each jar with out digging through them! (like what may happen with a drawer or a box/bin).
(I was not compensated in any way for this post. I just love Yankee Candles and using them for storage, and I thought I'd share this idea with you!)
--Crystal
No comments:
Post a Comment