I feel like I live my life in a constant state of unorganization, so this is great. It also challenges me to get rid of meaningless things that are cluttering my life, instead of just giving up candy 40 days...this could be life changing (at least I hope!). I'll try to post often and if you're taking part, please comment and let us know what you're getting rid of, we'll cheer each other on...I'm sure I'll need some help around bag 20 or so!
Without furth ado. My first bag is a bag of shoes. My daughter's school is collecting shoes to send to Liberia, where they learned that many children are so poor they run around barefoot. Olivia & I both found a few (6!)pairs of shoes that we could donate and I'm happy to know they're going to someone who can really use them!

So funny--I found that too and bags 3 and 4 are waiting for Purple Heart right now. And Bags 1 and 2 went to Mothers' Home in Darby. I'm sure it will get harder as we go (and that there will be many bags of trash) but it's been good so far...good luck!
ReplyDeleteI'm not ahead on bag count yet...I'm just trying to make sure I get to the 1 every day!!! Today, I"m thinking it should be a bag of paper, I know I can get at least 1 picking up all the paper around here!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT ! Im committed...Im reposting this on my FB page as well. I actually had started Tuesday when I gave a friend 4 bags of my sons old clothes,then I just gave my moms friend 2 bags of our kids old toys & Purple Heart just picked up 6 bags of our daughters old clothes!
ReplyDeleteSo we are only 2 days into it and I've gotten 12 bags gone ! I LOVE IT ! Thanks!
If you want to follow along with me too, I posted a blog about it as well! I'm so excited about this challenge! http://40bagsin40days.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThanks for the commments ladies! Good luck to all of us!
ReplyDelete