I still can not believe the amount of junk that I am getting out of my house! I'm getting almost 1 bag of trash and 1 bag of recycling every day. Yesterday, I went through my pantry to find any food that my family doesn't like that I can donate and I found a pile of toothpaste & deodrant that I'll be donating as well.
I also found a bag of curtains in my attic that I haven't used in years so my brother was the recipient of yesterdays bag of goodies, because he recently movd into his own apartment!
My home is feeling clean & more organized with every passing day and I feel clean, more organized and less stressed! I'm thinking 40 bags in 40 days might just have to be an annual event.
How are you doing so far?
I haven't been doing a bag a day...maybe a bag a week and it's helped make my house feel less cluttered. I never realized just how much stuff i have in my house that never gets used. I have so many baby clothes and toys that i would love to get rid of, were just not sure if we are done having babies.
ReplyDeleteIm so excited about this ! It was truly a fantastic idea you had! I have been keeping track and as of today im at a total of 20 bags that I have "free'd" from my house ! I am with you - its helping me to feel less cluttered, overwhelmed and cleaner! I've passed down bags of old toys & clothes that our kids have outgrown, donated some of the same to purple heart and even donated some non perishables to a friend in need. Its a great idea and Im on board for doing the same next year !!
ReplyDeleteTara-I think getting rid of anything will make you feel better. Even if its only 2 bags!
ReplyDeleteI'm so thinking next year I'll do it again....but I am hoping my house doesn't get to be a collection ground again!