Marple Sports

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Peco Rate Increase Info

Of course I put off finding out much about this rate increase but decided last night was a good time to start some research! Here are some helpful sites I found that I wanted to share with you!

The first one is PA Powerswitch , where you can input your current monthly kWhs usage and compare what you're paying now to an estimate of what you'll pay in 2011 with PECO and over half a dozen other suppliers available for your area.

One piece of advice I read from a few consumer advocates....check to see if the the rates are fixed or variable, and if they contain cancellation fees. You can also choose a renewable energy power company as well. When I compared the rates, the most I saved by switching was about $10 per month at a fixed rate. That may not seem like much, but over the course of a year this could result in a savings of $120...that's a nice little chunk of change.

For more info, check out these articles I found helpful at the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Energy companies getting ready to go after Peco customers
and
PECO sets its Price

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...