First, let me say, I didn't grow up in a neighborhood...I lived on a 90 acre farm in rural Ohio...so no one every Boo'd my house!
When we moved to a very family neighborhood a few years ago, our first Halloween we were surprised to find a "Boo" on our porch. Basically a Boo is a bag of goodies for the kids in the family that gets them excited for Halloween. Our Boo has already been delivered this year and we are sending it on to two more neighbors (cause that's the rules, Duh). So if you're interested in starting a Boo in your neighborhood, here are the rules & the web links you need to make it happen.
First: You need 2 bags or buckets, etc to put your treats into. Fill each one with a few treats or goodies. In their basket you need to include a picture of the Boo and a copy of the Boo Poem. Then you drop them off at your neighbors house's. Oh just a word of wisdom, you should probably tell the parent of the kids you're "booing" that it is going to happen. The first time I participated, 1 of my 2 houses tossed the bag because they didn't know who it was from....now I let them know. Have fun!

I've never heard of that! That is so cute!
ReplyDeleteErin, I had never seen it before we moved here either but it is really fun and the kids LOVE it!!! I just went to Acme to day to score some good deals, one of which was cookie mix for 20 cents, so I added that to my bag. It doesn't have to be much to make them super excited!
ReplyDelete