Marple Sports

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Where were you?

I believe 9-11 is truly the "Where were you" for a new generation.  I was on my way to a college biology class (that I didn't do well in FYI) and our teacher hasn't heard anything yet...so she insisted on teaching.  Of course after our class we had missed the other planes crashing but were able to watch tv in horror at what was happening.   I will always remember sitting in a dorm, in front of a huge tv in shock and crying.  Crying because we were scared and because no one knew what was happening. 

 The patriotism and love for our fellow Americans that  followed the attacks of 9-11 was nothing less than inspiring.  Though we never forget what happened on this day 9 years ago, we move on and live our lives in way that is healthy.  I am sure those who died do not want to be mourned every second of everyday, but for those of who live, to remember that life is not forever.  So my humble opinion is, have a moment of silence, do not forget those who have lost their lives and those families who will not talk to loved ones again...but live your life with a renewed hope and love for your fellow man, you never know when your final day may be here. 

2 comments:

  1. I was in psychology. My teacher was crazy about lateness and he was late that day. We all waited for about 10 minutes then just as we were getting ready to leave he came in and told us what was happening. I remember watching it on tv in one of the lobbies for a few minutes before they told us classes were canceled for the rest of the day. I was so scared driving home trying to reach people, my husband (fiance at the time) was working at a power plant and my father worked at the airport. I was listening to 1060 on the radio just praying it would all be over quickly! God Bless America and all of our freedoms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on 476 driving North to work in Radnor. I was listening to the radio when I heard a plane went into one of the towers. I thought it was just an accident and then a couple minutes later they said another one went into the other tower. Got to work. Nobody was working. Everyone was watching tv and listening to the radio. I left early to go pick my hubby up. He couldn't get out of the city and in a round about way he got home from by the trolley. Once we were home safe and sound and I heard all my family and friends were safe, I just wanted to hibernate in the house. So sad.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...