Marple Sports

Friday, September 17, 2010

What Should a 4 Year Old Know

I came across this blog post a few weeks ago, lost it and now found it again.
Here is my favorite point that I think often gets lost in our hectic, crazy and materialistic world. "Our children don’t need Nintendos, computers, after school activities, ballet lessons, play groups and soccer practice nearly as much as they need US. They need fathers who sit and listen to their days, mothers who join in and make crafts with them, parents who take the time to read them stories and act like idiots with them. They need us to take walks with them and not mind the .1 MPH pace of a toddler on a spring night. They deserve to help us make supper even though it takes twice as long and makes it twice as much work. They deserve to know that they’re a priority for us and that we truly love to be with them. "

I'm not trying to start a huge debate over staying at home with your kids vs. not, or insulting people who have no mother or no father in the picture.  We all make the best of our situations and do the best we can...but I know personally, I could get off the computer earlier and walk a little slower more often. 

To read the entire post go to A Magical Childhood then let me know what you think!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...