This article does not suggest stealing it...just ways that you might be able to watch your shows w/out paying a ton of money. We have officially decided to get rid of our house phone and it almost seems logical for cable to go as well. I can't think of anything I really watch on tv that A. I really should be watching and B. that I can't find online.
Has anyone else gotten rid of cable (and I don't mean the, I've never had cable because I hate tv people...because I love to watch trashy tv!) and used tried any of the methods?
Go to Yahoo Finance to check out the tips.
We had to get rid of cable because it was just starting to cost too much money. We have telephone service, but just for local... and I mean local calls. I can't even call Lansdale from Havertown and we have internet. My husband put an antenna up and we get all the local channels and some obscure ones... even all kids channels. We do have Netflix that we watch through the Wii. They have full seasons of a ton of shows. The kids loved the choices and there are no commercials.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that you posted this!! This has been on my mind for the last week! I know that I can get rid of cable and stream TV shows for free (as long as I keep my internet). You can stream a ton of shows from www.hulu.com and rent from netflix . You can stream from Netflix and get DVDs, 2 DVDs in the mail and stream as many as you want for 13.99 a month! Thats almost $50 less than cable! You get to catch up on all the movies and shows. My daughter is an avid Yo Gabba Gabba watcher and loves Sprout TV. If I put up an antenna can I get these channels?
ReplyDeleteI even want to get rid of my cell phone and get a landline! That would truly be downgrading and most would not understand but I am pretty sure it would save me almost $150 a month! I am a texting freak but I think I may not even miss it once it is gone. Nothing bothers me more than when you are in conversation with someone and they didnt even hear anything you said because they were texting someone! I heard on the news that most cell phone plans will be changing by 2012 because they are taking up more broadband and cell phone companys arent profiting because they all have plans with unlimited texting and wi fi. Most people text more than they talk on the phone! Lets bring it back people. Stop texting and call someone today!!!
Sorry for my rant but, I think I am going to cancel my cable and hopefully it will cool down soon so me my 1 year old daughter and 7 month old little girl I nanny for can get outside!!!!