- Found money, basically money you "find". It could be money you find on the ground at a store or money you find in the washer.
- Saving money you didn't use...HA! I think this one is the funniest, basically don't spend it and save it! They were saying if you budget $100 for groceries a week & you only use $90, take the extra $10 and save it.
- Rebates-This point is in my opinion the most difficult. How many times have I had rebate intentions to not see it pan out? Either because I forgot (probably the biggest reason) or because something wasn't filled out exactly the way it needed to be.
So I just received 2 rebates in the mail totalling $15 so I'm going to keep track too! I don't know what I'm saving for yet...but I'm sure we'll come up with something soon enough!
Now, I'm off to find the best checking or savings account...know anywhere that will give me money when I start? Do you have any out-side-of-the-box ideas on how to save money? Where would you go if you saved a ton of money?!
Let me know!
Ask your bank if they have an account for, say, Christmas presents or trips to Georgia to visit a relative. You can start small and build up, but (usually) have limited access to it for other reasons. A few years ago, these types of accounts were paying better than the more traditional forms.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea they still had christmas accounts! Thanks for the info, I'll let you know what I find :)
ReplyDelete