Marple Sports

Sunday, May 23, 2010

CVS101


I had to post about using CVS. I have to be honest, minus my families prescriptions, I never had a need to use CVS until a friend turned me onto how to really use the Extra Care Bucks (ECBs). Basically ECBs are like CVS cash, so there are 2 ways to use them all you need is an Extra Care Card which you can sign up for at the store.

1. If you buy a product that produces ECBs but you're someone who will lose them or forget them until they expire, turn back around and buy something you need or want. You could start getting paper plates, soap, toothpaste for free to almost free just by turning back around and finding something in the store that you can use that is priced right (aka, just above your ECB amount).

2. (Disclaimer, this is my way, so obviously I like this one more.) You can save your ECBs and roll them to another week. Basically, I keep track of the ECBs I have right now ($12 worth) and next week I will use my ECBs to buy more things that will get me ECBs.

I also use coupons, so sometimes I "make money"...its not real money but its ECBs. There are a few things that I no longer pay for including, toothpaste, kids soap, toilet paper, tissues, shampoo & conditioner. Other items I pay little to know money for are deodorant, body wash, pantyliners, cereal and pasta. A lot of these items I get from CVS for free. I have so many liners, deodorant soap & shampoo that I donate them at a rapid rate. .

This week I went into with $12 ECBs and purchased 3 bottles of the Nivea body wash and a gallon of milk. I used $5 in ECbs and paid 60 cents. They didn't have the Gillette body wash, so I didn't get an extra $8 in ECBs but I'll go back and try again. It all sounds confusing, but I promise once you start, it becomes super easy. Here are a list of match ups for the week.
*Also, look below for a list of other CVS 101 links. If you're interested read a few different posts and then let me know if you have questions.

Moms Need to Know

CVS for Dummies
CVS 101
How to Videos

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...