I used to run cross country & track when I was younger, but hadn't really run in 15 years until last October. I decided I need to do something to start getting back into shape, do a little cardio & burn some energy of my crazy dogs! I hadn't been working out regularly in who knows how long, seemed liked time & sometimes money were never on my side.
The thing about running, it's not super expensive, a pair of shoes, a sports bra & you're good to go...but running isn't something that I love yet, even after almost a year, but it's getting better. I recently signed up to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon, where you run 13.1 miles through the parks (parking lots) while getting your picture taken with princesses & characters along the way.
It's taken some time to build up the distance & while I was happy I kept running over this crazy winter, I've honestly had more issues with the heat! I'll run in 30 degrees any day!!! I ran a 5K last night & I'm thinking about another one next week...though considering something a little longer. When I started running I would run over to pick up my son from his after school program. If I had 15 minutes, I'd run for 15 minutes & when I have 30 I run for 30 minutes. I learned I'd rather trail run than run on the road but that's not always possible, so I just do what I can.
This fall starts the real training, 13.1 miles, that's no joke! I'm going to work on posting more about my runs & hoping that is the motivation I need to get me through to the long finish. This month, I'm working to get to 100 miles & full fill my goal for Alex's Lemonade Stand's 1 Million Miles to bring awareness to Childhood Cancer issues (September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month). Click HERE for more information!
No comments:
Post a Comment