Marple Sports

Friday, December 2, 2011

Holiday Memories~My Mother Gave Me Coal for Christmas

Day number 5 of 12 days and today's topic: Holiday Memories.

Yeah, you read that right, I got coal for Christmas...in my stocking.  I told my mother that year that I didn't believe in Santa anymore....I was 14 after all, the magic wasn't there anymore.  I had known for years but come-on, how long am I am supposed to keep this going?!  We woke up that morning early (because my brother is 6 years younger, he still had surprises under the tree)...I'm sure I walked down slower, too cool for school of course.  When I get to the living room my brother & sister already had their stockings & tearing into them.  My stocking is looking a little empty....and in it was a little tin of coal and nothing else. 

This is exactly what I had in my stocking that year!!!
Not a tube of chapstick, no cd.  Nothing. Coal. Even though I was 14, I was seriously upset, I wanted all the knick knack crap that came in that stocking.  One look at my mother's smug face and you could tell she knew she had done well.  So after the sibs get through their stockings we set out to open our gifts under the tree.  The last gift my mother hands me is a box.  

To Jessica From Santa.  Inside a little note: You really should believe in the magic of Santa because you're not to old to believe and if you don't then you'll get nothing for Christmas next year.   All the stuff that should have been in my stocking was in the box and  I've believed ever since!!!
 
Do you have a family memory to share?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...