Marple Sports

Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Arden Theatre Company Presents: Charlotte's Web-Review

We just got home from watching the opening night of Charlotte’s Web at the Arden Theatre Company
and they have done it again! Usually, I sit through children’s theatre, waiting to go home…but at the Arden, it’s real theatre but with children’s themes-and it makes a huge difference. Charlotte’s Web is a show that I enjoyed, as did my children and my husband loved it too! (He even bought tickets for us to go see Cyrano and wants to take the kids back in April to see Robin Hood…that is how much he enjoyed the show!)

I’m sure we all know how the story Charlotte’s Web goes and the story of friendship & love is beautifully portrayed by the actors at the Arden. Surprisingly, none of the actors wears an animal “costume” to play an animal but the personality of the characters shines through. My daughter’s favorites were Goose & Gander, they always repeat themselves & are very funny. Charlotte is also hanging around during the play, something we were not expecting!

Because we were there for opening night, we were able to do many activities, like pet a real pig, take a short acting class (awesome!) and eat ice cream from the Franklin Fountain after the show! We loved that the actors & actresses stayed on set & take questions from the audience and then waited in the lobby to answer a few more. Our question; Do you ever mess up when you’re on the stage? Answer; Yes, all the time, but I trust the other people I’m working with to help me if I have a problem…and we have a lot of fun acting together!

Charlotte's Web was a wonderful play that my entire family enjoyed and a truly wonderful night! Charlotte’s Web will run until January 29th with ticket prices starting at $16. There are also Target 2 for 1 nights, where you can find discounted ticket prices. 

To purchase tickets, find out more information regarding the Target 2-1 tickets check out the Arden Theatre Company! Let me know when you're going, you might see me there again!








Disclosure:  The Arden Theatre Company provided my family with tickets to see the show but all opinions and parking costs were my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...